Christian Worship Musicians – Volunteer
Our young ministry is in search of energetic worship musicians in the Greater Harford County, Maryland area who would be willing to volunteer for our public and residential worship events.
Work Location: Both Indoor and Outdoor environments in the Harford County, Maryland Area with the possibility of expansion into other counties.
Purpose of the Position: A Christian Worship Musician will provide musical accompaniment either independently or in concert with other musicians for worship events, congregational singing in the course of worship events, and outreach activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The musician will work under the direction of a worship leader, and/or Diaconal/Pastoral Leadership but may also be needed to perform independently in some cases.
- The musician must be willing to be available for scheduled practices, meetings, and planning sessions with the worship team and leadership.
- The musician must be willing to be available for worship and outreach events in various indoor and outdoor environments with seasonal consideration. Our ministry does not operate a physical meeting location and plans to be fluid and functional in inter-community environments.
- The musician will be expected to learn and practice musical works in groups as well as independently.
- Ability to read and perform sheet music.
- Have a proficient mastery of a musical instrument.
- Vocal musical ability preferred but not required.
- Ability to perform in acoustic and amplified environments in both indoor and outdoor locations with seasonal consideration.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing environmental and situational changes.
- Have an outgoing, team functional, attitude.
- Most importantly a love for Jesus Christ and a desire to share God’s love and glory everywhere.
Requirements: Reliable transportation, and ability to change location on short notice.
Commitment Expected: Commitment expectations are difficult to gauge until we have a functional worship team developed and a location plan.
COVID19 has drastically interrupted our ability to plan in advance.
Age Requirement: Age is not a determining factor when a proficient mastery of a musical instrument is demonstrated along with the ability to read and perform sheet music.
Dress Code: Varies on Environment, Location, and Occasion.
Safety Certifications/Qualifications: Security/Background Check may be required if working with or around children or vulnerable adults.
Interviews and/or auditions may be conducted online in response to the COVID19 Pandemic.