Basic Christian Education Programs
We offer Christian Biblical Counseling. We ask that you read our Counseling policies presented here as well as our:
– Privacy Policies
– Safety & Protection Practices
ATTENTION: If you are experiencing feelings of severe depression or suicidal thoughts we ask that you seek medical assistance by calling 911 or the Suicide Hotline at Call 1-800-273-8255.
We would be more than glad to offer you the Christian Support of one of our ministers, but we need to have you safe. This is for your own protection as well as ours. We will come to the hospital as we are available.
Use Coupon Code
( 3FREE )
to claim your three free sessions when scheduling online
Here’s what you need to know:
The Pastoral & Counseling staff of Diakonos Independent Ministries of Maryland are available to take a limited number of counseling cases. Because of our commitment to the Word of God, all counselors practice their counseling from a Bible-based, Christ-centered approach to counseling.
The following outlines several conditions upon which counseling cases will be initiated. While this is not meant to be exhaustive in scope, it does represent our philosophy of biblical counseling within the parameters of Diakonos Independent Ministries of Maryland.
- Our Priority: Counseling members of communities we are actively working in always takes precedence over all other areas.
- Our Framework: The counseling received here is based on scriptural principles rather than those of secular psychology or psychiatry. Neither the pastors nor the lay counselors of this church are trained or licensed as psychotherapists or mental health professionals, nor should they be expected to follow the methods of such specialists. Counseling will be done by one of the pastors/ elders or trained/approved counselors supervised by a pastor.
- Our Focus: Is to deal with issues within the scope of biblical parameters. Therefore, if you have significant legal, financial, medical, or other technical questions, you should seek advice from an independent professional. Our counselors will be happy to cooperate with such advisors and help you to consider their counsel in light of relevant scriptural principles.
- Our Foundation: All counseling will be conducted in accordance with the counselor’s understanding of the Scriptures. Your counseling will be biblical counseling in which the Scriptures are, in all cases, the final authority. If you are not sure that you will be interested in biblical-based counseling, you will be given the option of attending one or two sessions to discover what biblical counseling is like. If you are unwilling to use the Bible as the final authority in counseling or are unwilling to do the homework assigned, sessions will be terminated.
- Shared Shepherding Policy. Since we want to recognize and respect the shepherding responsibility of pastors and church leaders over their own congregations, we reserve the right to communicate with the counselee’s church leadership that we are counseling one of their members. If the counselee is a member of a church where the Word of God is not taught or obeyed or if the counselee is not attending a church, you will be asked to strongly consider finding a home church and attending weekly so as to facilitate good biblical input to complement the counseling. Being that Diakonos Independent Ministries of Maryland does not hold regular services in one particular location would rather see you make a relationship with a church within your community, but you are welcome to attend with us when we do have a service event.
- Counseling Location: Our counseling most frequently takes place in a public venue, home, or other agreed-upon safe location that privacy can be maintained reasonably. We currently do not have a public accessible office location or church facility.
- Counseling Regulations
- When one of our Ministers are Educating a member of the opposite sex or a minor, we strongly encourage them to bring a trusted friend or relative that they are comfortable talking openly in front of. In the case of a minor, we prefer them to have a relative over the age of 25 they are comfortable talking openly in front of. This is to promote a comfortable and relaxed environment for all involved regarding more sensitive discussion topics.
- If these conditions can not be arranged the minister reserves the right to cancel the appointment.
- Realizing that there are some exceptions, whenever possible, couples will be counseled together.
- Confidentiality: As our “Base of Operation” Charter is in the State of Maryland, Online and Telephone Communications with one of our ministers regardless of their physical location will abide by the Law of the State of Maryland.
- Our Ministry leaders respect the integrity and protect the welfare of individuals as well as the communities we serve. We take seriously our obligation to safeguard information entrusted to us as professional ministers. If there is a legitimate reason for the health and well-being of an individual or the community for us to divulge information that has been shared with us in confidence, we will actively seek permission for this disclosure from the person(s) providing us the information before doing so. We also recognize that it may occasionally be appropriate to disclose confidential information, e.g. if that information pertains to the immediate danger of bodily harm/loss of life or when applicable laws mandate reporting.
- All child abuse or suspicion of child abuse must, by state law, be reported.
- If the counselee has been involved in committing a crime we believe we need to report such to law enforcement.
- If the counselee or any other individual is physically at risk (suicide threat or threat by someone else) and we learn of this in the counseling session, we will report such information to law enforcement.
- On-going, unrepentant sin, whereby the church is obligated out of obedience to Jesus Christ, to practice the principles of confrontation, as set forth in Matthew 18:15-17.
- Our (and Your) Prerogative: At any time during the counseling, for reason(s) sufficient to him/her, the counselor, or counselee, shall have the option of terminating counseling.
- Previous Counseling: We reserve the right to consult with anyone with whom you formerly received counsel whether that person was a member of Diakonos Independent Ministries of Maryland or one of the pastoral staff or a pastor/counselor at the church you attend. The consultation will be regarding any of the previous counseling received.
The counselor reserves the right to discuss any and all counseling situations with the leadership at Diakonos Independent Ministries of Maryland (usually the Lead Pastor, or designated Pastor of Counseling Ministry).
- Waiting List For Counseling: Due to the overwhelming number of people requesting biblical counseling, please understand that you may be put on a waiting list. Our priority for providing counsel is first to the communities we are actively serving, and then for those who either have no church home or attend another church fellowship (For those who attend another church please see #5 in column one on page 1 and read carefully). Please initial here to signify that you have read and understood this.
- Trainee: For counseling situations, there may be a person being trained to do biblical counseling sitting in on the counseling sessions. This person has agreed to all elements of confidentiality and is there for observation of the counselor as he/she counsels.
- Our Fee: All counseling is done free of charge for the first (3) three sessions as a ministry of Diakonos Independent Ministries of Maryland.Â Additional sessions will be charged at $25.00/Hour session to be paid at the beginning of the session. It should be noted that sometimes there is a cost for some of the material that is used as homework, so the counselee may be required to purchase some materials.
We are confident that the Bible contains all the necessary information for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3). There are no problems between persons that the Bible fails to address either in general or specific principles. While our counselors do not pretend to know all there is to know about biblical teaching and its application to life, they do know much and will do their utmost to help you.
Having clarified the principles and policies of our counseling ministry, we welcome the opportunity to minister to you in the name of Christ and to be used by Him as He helps you to grow in spiritual maturity and prepares you for usefulness in His body. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact any of the pastoral staff at the ministry office (443-203-8238). Thank you.
Coming Soon: We are currently working to recruit, develop, and grow leaders and volunteers within our own ministry. If you would be interested in getting involved as a volunteer in a pastoral, diaconal, or general volunteer capacity please contact our office at 443-203-8238 or by email at email@example.com.
We Provide Deacon / Lay Leader Volunteers to Churches & Ministries that may not have a strong elder support structure or competently trained lay leaders. We would offer a helping hand to raise leaders within that congregation and assist the Church Leadership in strengthening their Church Family. We custom design these Development Programs to fit the need of particular areas.
Our Ministry believes that regardless of Denomination as long as we all believe in God, Jesus Christ as Our Savior, and the Holy Spirit we are all One Christian Church. As one body in Christ, it is one of our Core Functions to assist Christian Churches in need. We provide these assistance and training services without any service charge. Obviously, considerations may need to be made from time to time in regard to supplies.
We only ask that once we have concluded our assistance with your Church or Ministry that a donation to our cause is considered (but not expected). More importantly, we ask that you spread the word to other Churches and ministries that may need help that we are here to do as we are able to support and strengthen our collective body of Christ.